We’ve been spending countless hours in The Division 2 lately, pursuing secrets and raising our gear score. Like many SHD Agents, we’re excited that tomorrow marks the release of the first free content update. Invasion: Battle for DC releases tomorrow, April 5, on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. This first post-launch update contains Tidal Basin, a new Stronghold, which will unlock World Tier 5. With it comes an increase in maximum Gear Score to 500.
Invasion: Battle for DC
The new World Tier and associated Tidal Basin Stronghold mean that players get to face new challenges. According to Ubisoft’s press release, we can look forward to the following:
- Players face a new challenge in encountering Tidal Basin, a new stronghold held by the Black Tusk Faction. Tidal Basin is now home to some of the most powerful enemies in the game, and they’re not going down easy.
- After completing the Tidal Basin Stronghold, players will be able to advance to World Tier 5 and unlock the possibility to obtain gear scores 450-500.
- “Invasion: Battle for D.C.” introduces a new Heroic difficulty setting making for some of the most challenging gameplay yet.
- Upon reaching World Tier 5, weekly invasions will be introduced with the Black Tusk taking control over selected main missions and strongholds in the city. These activities are harder to complete but more rewarding in loot and gear.
- Players can now enjoy two new exotic weapons Pestilence and Nemesis as well as three new gear sets: True Patriot, Hardwired and Ongoing Directive.
- As part of the update, all players will also have access to a new PVP map called Fort McNair
- The Invasion Apparel Event, which will allow agents to collect outfits inspired by the enemy factions, as well as new masks and weapon skins.
Future Content and Eight-Player Raid
Hotly anticipated, The Division 2‘s first-ever eight-player raid, Operation Dark Hours, will launch on April 25. More details on what we can expect from this raid will come in the future. Frankly, I appreciate Massive’s pacing with these updates. It allows players to gear up for the endgame challenges without having content crammed down their throats.
In addition to the content coming in Invasion: Battle for DC, more content is happening throughout the year:
- Episode 1, D.C. Outskirts: Expeditions, releasing in Summer 2019, will take players to the surrounding areas of Washington to fight for the liberation of the city in two additional main missions, a new game mode to investigate the fate of a lost convoy, encountering unexpected threats along the way.
- Episode 2: Pentagon: The Last Castle, releasing in Fall 2019, will have additional main missions, with players storming the Pentagon to unveil the secrets that hide beneath one of America’s most iconic locations.
- Episode 3, releasing in Winter 2019 will close the first chapter of The Division 2 story and pave the way for more content to come.
Invasion: Battle for DC, the first post-launch content update for The Division 2 is available for free on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on April 5.