The Division 2 will follow a similar model of frequent free content updates throughout its first year as Ubisoft did with The Division. Today, we’ve received DLC details for The Division 2 in Year One.
Year One Content Trailer
It should be noted that all of the Year One content will be available to all players, with Year One season pass owners getting early access to most of it.
The currently planned content that players can expect includes the following:
- Tidal Basin, releasing shortly after launch, will reveal a new challenging stronghold held by the Black Tusks. For more information on the Black Tusks, watch the Fighting the Black Tusks Endgame Trailer.
- Operation Dark Hours, also releasing soon after launch, will be the first 8-player raid in the history of The Division.
- Episode 1, D.C. Outskirts: Expeditions, releasing in Summer 2019, will take players to the surrounding areas of Washington to fight for the liberation of the city in two additional main missions, a new game mode to investigate the fate of a lost convoy, encountering unexpected threats along the way.
- Episode 2: Pentagon: The Last Castle, releasing in Autumn 2019, will have additional main missions, with players storming the Pentagon and unveil the secrets that hide beneath one of America’s most iconic locations.
- Episode 3, releasing in Winter 2019 will close the first chapter of The Division 2 story and pave the way for more content to come.
Those players that purchased the Gold or Digital Ultimate Edition can expect the following benefits in Year One:
- 7-day early access to All Year 1 Episodes narrative content
- Instant access to all Year 1 Specializations as they release
- 8 Classified Assignments revealing more about the fall of D.C.
- Exclusive cosmetics and additional in-game activities, such as base of operations projects and bounties
The Year One Season Pass can also be purchased separately for USD 49.99. The Division 2 will release on March 15, 2019, and an open beta is about to start, running from March 1 – 4.