The Settlers will be released on PC in 2020 and you'll have one of four different editions to choose from.
Ubisoft has revealed that The Settlers, the colorful open-world people manager, will be released on PC in 2020. Alongside the announcement came new gameplay footage showcasing new features and mechanics.
The Settlers Gameplay Features
The Settlers can be played both in PVE and PVP, and features three modes for players to enjoy: Campaign, Skirmish, and Multiplayer. Its new procedural map technology generates landscapes and missions, bringing to players an authentic sense of discovery, exploration, and uniqueness.
Players who immerse themselves in The Settlers’ colorful world will relive memories of the classic series and experience brand new gameplay features.
Among the features in the upcoming installment, The Settlers will offer alternative methods of victory, including:
- The Combat strategy: Players would control full armies of different units, taking on and defeating enemy armies to take over or defend their territory. Special units such as army leaders can have a positive effect on their troops.
- The Glory strategy: Players would select a hero character who will fight in the arena against the enemy. Once a player initiates a battle, spectators representing both sides will gather at the arena to watch the battle. Winning a fight can lead to dissatisfaction among the defeated party. This, however, can lead to revolts, allowing the player to take over the enemy territory.
- The Faith strategy: the third winning strategy will allow players to inspire Faith amongst Settlers and will be detailed at a later date.
The Settlers Editions
The Settlers will be available in several different editions which were revealed at Gamescom:
- The Settlers Standard Edition includes the base game. Players will sail towards the unknown, explore, conquer, and settle new islands in a brand new medieval fantasy world. Players can enjoy their experience playing solo or with friends with the new online multiplayer mode offering thrilling skirmishes for long-lasting fun.
- The Settlers Gold Edition allows players access to the game three days earlier, the Expansion One “Monuments & Merchants” and two decoration items; the Gazebo of Tranquility and the Wishing Well.
- The Settlers Entdecker Edition, a unique physical pack only available in Germany, Switzerland, Austria, and Poland, will offer to lucky owners the following assets in addition to the base game:
- One in-game decoration item: Gazebo of Tranquility
- Three Lithographs illustrating Settlers heroes’ adventures,
- Original selected soundtrack
- The Settlers Collector’s Edition (available in Europe only) offers the most complete experience with access to the game three days earlier, Expansion One, physical items and more:
- a Numbered Collector’s Box (5,000 copies)
- One Artbook with stunning artworks
- Two in-game decoration items: the Gazebo of Tranquility and the Wishing Well
- three Lithographs
- One letter from Volker Wertich, the original creator
- Flower Seeds
- Original selected soundtrack
I’m a little disappointed that the Collector’s Edition will only be available in Europe. Alas, The Settlers will also be available as part of Ubisoft’s new Uplay+ subscriptions, in addition to the Epic Games Store and Uplay itself.