Although PopCap has been busy working on the next Plants vs. Zombies shooter, they’ve still managed to produce new content for Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2. A new summertime event called Tale of the Taco is now underway in Garden Warfare 2, featuring new game modes and rewards for players to enjoy throughout the rest of the summer.
According to the official Garden Warfare 2 blog, Tale of the Taco is “a festival of awesome Community Challenges involving variants of existing modes, with even-more-awesome rewards, all unveiled weekly from July 16 to September 2.” While tacos have been a recurring theme throughout Garden Warfare 2, most of the weekly Tale of the Taco events focus on some sort of food theme. For example, the current event, Rain of Flavors, is a game mode that includes power-ups in the form of fallen ice cream cones. Here’s what players can look forward to each week in Garden Warfare 2.
Tale of the Taco Weekly Events
- Rain of Flavors – In this modified version of Suburbination, ice cream cones fall from the sky and offer temporary buffs to players that scoop them up.
- Taco Panic – For the second week, PopCap is bringing back the fan-favorite Capture the Taco mode, which is essentially Garden Warfare’s version of capture the flag.
- Dairy Disaster – Week three features a modified version of Turf Takeover, where players can obtain various buffs for securing a capture point.
- Hot Headed Rumble – The fourth week features Soil Survivors–Garden Warfare 2’s take on battle royale–with Crazy settings that reduce health and increase damage output.
- Devious Cheese – This week features Garden Warfare’s signature bomb-planting mode Gnome Bomb. However, only the zombies are the attackers and they will have the ability to plant “cheese traps.”
- Snack Attack – The description for this one was a bit vague, but it seems to involve picking up food buffs and reaching a capture point.
- Farewell Taco – We’ll just leave you with the official description for this mode so you can draw your own conclusions. According to PopCap, “It’s the triumphant taco topper, as the traditional taco from Capture the Taco spawns around maps, providing a variety of buffs to the taco holder. Taco!”
Each of these weekly events will be available via the in-game mystery portal in Garden Warfare 2. As such, there are rewards up for grabs in each of the three chests in Town Hall, including coins, special items, and legendary items. Tale of the Taco is a free update for Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 that kicked off on July 16 and will run until September 2.