The latest patch update for Naraka: Bladepoint was released on Thursday, just two weeks out from the arrival of the new Holoroth map. The update introduces a new game mode as well as several new in-game events.
Thursday’s patch update includes the long-awaited skill and ultimate upgrades for Takeda Nobutada. Kurumi and Tarka Ji have received some adjustments as well. The update also features various bug fixes and gameplay optimizations. One significant adjustment was made to the number of max players across solo modes, which changed from 60 to 48.
Two new limited-time events are now underway as part of the latest update, Cure the World and Evantide Fire. Both events will be available until the launch of the new Holoroth map, which is set to arrive on August 19. In anticipation of the map’s arrival, players will now see Sunwing and the Plumed Castle in the distance during the preparation phase of each game mode.
Naraka: Bladepoint Update Patch Notes – August 4
The full patch notes for the Naraka: Bladepoint update on August 4, 2022 are available below as well as on the game’s official website. The update has fully gone live and is now available on PC and Xbox consoles.
I. Brand new mode: Showdown (Trial)
In the Showdown: Eventide Temple Chapter, Viper Ning, Kurumi, Tarka Ji and Valda Cui will face one of Omnius’ incarnations, who is the leader of the Heralds.
Showdown will be open during the following periods:
Date: August 5th – 7th, August 12th – 14th, August 19th – 21st
The Common, Hard and Nightscream stages will be open from August 5th.
NA Server 20:00-6:00 (UTC);
EU Server 13:00-23:00 (UTC);
EAS & AS Servers 7:00-17:00 (UTC)
- Hard Stage: More monsters have stronger attack power, health and moves. The Omnius’ form and Attack moves will be totally new.
- Nightscream Stage: Monsters with diverse moves will swarm with more oppressive attack power and health. Omnius’ attack moves become more challenging.
- Legend Stage: This will be available along with the Racing Leaderboard on August 12th. Monsters with more varied attack methods drown the heroes with desperate attack power and health. Omnius, with new moves, will also become more overwhelming. His continuous attacks will make the heroes have no time to breathe.
II. Through the Fire
Now Through the Fire is added to the Custom Room.
III. Takeda Nobutada’s new skill [Mythic Grab·Takedown] and new ultimate [Demonic Aid·Engulf] are available now
1. [Mythic Grab·Takedown]
Takeda Nobutada charges forward, slamming the first enemy with a blue Focus strike or skill (whether the enemy is attacking or not) to the ground, and grabbing the enemy’s weapon. He will gain a great damage reduction effect during the use of the skill.
- This will not block blue Focus damage.
- Cannot be used while under attack.
2. [Demonic Aid·Engulf]
Takeda unleashes the seal of the demonic spirit inside, Furen, instantly knocking back nearby enemies a short distance. Furen will enhance itself by [Demonic Force], meanwhile the skill will turn into [Demonic Strike·Havoc], lasting for 30 sec.
- [Demonic Strike·Havoc]: Furen launches an attack upon enemies standing ahead Takeda. Takeda can use [Demonic Strike·Havoc] 3 times, after which Furen will be sealed again. Takeda will recover a large amount of Health and Armor after [Demonic Strike·Havoc] causes damage.
- [Demonic Force] will be upgraded when Takeda grabs weapons or allies obtain weapons. The upgraded [Demonic Force] will be deducted after the weapon drops.
- When Furen’s [Demonic Force] turns purple, [Demonic Strike·Havoc] can be launched 4 times. When Furen’s [Demonic Force] turns golden, [Demonic Strike·Havoc] will be even more powerful.
- [Demonic Strike] can be used when Takeda is under attack or controlled and does not interrupt Takeda’s own movements.
IV. Brand New Event: Cure the World
Event Time: 08/04/2022 update – 08/18/2022 20:00 UTC
- By completing Daily Quests, players can obtain Puzzle Shard of Ziping Yin and have additional chance to obtain any one of Tae, Spectral Silk, Legendary Outfit and Legendary Ornament at random.
- The Puzzle has 16 pieces and four Sections, which can be unlocked with the use of random Puzzle Shards. Alternatively, a specific region can be unlocked with the corresponding Puzzle Shards.
- You can claim rewards by unlocking any of the four Sections. Some rewards will be available after the new version is released, so stay tuned.
- Each day, you can help a player obtain a Puzzle Shard (by tapping the contact list, selecting a “Puzzle Shard of Ziping”, and confirming to share it). You won’t consume your Puzzle Shards by doing so. However, each player will be given just one Puzzle Shard per day.
- You can still claim unlocked rewards on the event page and unlock Puzzle Shards to obtain rewards anytime within the remaining time to claim rewards after the end of the event. But you can no longer complete Quests or send Puzzle Shards during that period. You can get 160 Tae for each Puzzle Shard destroyed at the Inventory after the end of the time period available to claim rewards (i.e., upon the expiration of the item).
V. Brand New Event: Eventide Fire
Event Time: 08/04/2022 20:00 UTC – 08/22/2022 20:00 UTC
- Complete Daily Quests to obtain Bounty Emblems and Fiery Ents. The latter can be used to redeem limited-edition rewards!
- Bounty Emblems can be used to refresh bounty quests randomly. Complete bounty quests to obtain lots of rewards, including Legendary Ornaments.
- Bounty quests are the same for all players. Completed quests won’t be refreshed.
Note: Event quests can be refreshed only when the Showdown mode is open. At other times, players could only redeem rewards.
VI. The new map Holoroth will be released soon, and the shadow of Plumed Castle will appear in the preparation phase of all Survival modes, The Bloodbath and Shadow Surge.
When affected by other elements, Kurumi’s ultimates [Sacred Circle] and [Sacred Circle: Armor Enhance] will produce different extra effects besides healing according to different elements, and continue the remaining time of the healing circle. The damage and healing effects, etc., inflicted by the adjusted circle still come from Kurumi.
The extra effects of Kurumi’s healing circle when affected by different elements are as follows:
- Fire circle: Enemies in the circle will lose health continuously, and their healing will be reduced by 50%. After leaving the circle, the debuff will last for 5 seconds (the damage will be greatly reduced compared to when they were in the fire circle).
- Poison circle: Enemies in the circle will lose health continuously. After enemies leave the circle, the debuff will last for 5 seconds (the damage and the duration will be greatly reduced compared to when they were in the poison circle).
- Wind circle: Enemies in the circle will restore their Energy slower. After leaving the circle, the debuff will last for 4 seconds.
- Water circle: Allies that enter the circle for the first time will gain an extra healing effect.
- Ice circle: The circle will regularly make ice storms, which can freeze enemies.
Dev Note: After being summoned out, Kurumi’s healing circle could be changed occasionally in unexpected situations, which sometimes resulted in the loss of urgently needed healing effect. Therefore, we made the basic healing effect to teammates of the circle unchanged even though it’s affected by different elements, and added extra effects to create uniqueness according to different elements.
II. Tarka Ji
Optimized the performance when following other actions after ending his ultimate in the air.
I. Matchmaking Optimization
- Adjusted the max number of players in the solo mode of The Herald’s Trial, Quick Match and Bot Mode from 60 to 48.
Dev Note: The added Rebirths changed the combat tempo of the match. We reduced the max number of players to align combat tempo with the design expectation.
II. Through the Fire
- Increased the height of the island from the sea level in Through the Fire properly. Now players can use Grappling Hook to get on the island before falling into the sea. The error-tolerant rate was improved.
- [Uppercut Slash·Pendulum] and [Lethal Descent·Pendulum]: The attack range was increased and now they can cause a strong knockback effect to Almighty General and Vajra (not working for the Vajra when it launches a vertical strike).
- Optimized the sound effect of [Uppercut Slash·Pendulum].
- Enhanced the knockback effect of the pendulum to Vajra and Almighty General.
- Equipment and items in Exquisite Vessel will upgrade as time goes by.
- Reduced the default Grappling Hooks in the Bag from 18 to 3. More Grappling Hooks will spawn from the Exquisite Vessel.
Ⅲ. Omni’s Nightmare
- Evil-Ents can destroy Soul Lanterns to get more EXP, which will be shared proportionately among all Evil-Ents.
- Fixed an issue where Evil-Ent’s level icon in the front of the health bar could be seen in the preparation phase.
- Decreased Evil-Ents’ base Ranged Resist from 35% to 20%.
- Fixed the issue where the stiff could be abnormal while Evil-Ents attack downed enemies.
Quick Counter: Now the Quick Counter used while charging after a combo has the same speed as the manual counter.
V. In-game Gestures
Renamed the gesture [Pray] to [Salute] with the effect unchanged.
Renamed the quest [Pray] to [Salute].
I. Team-up Lobby Optimization
- Now recruitment is supported in all team-up modes.
- Added a new feature that can filter players according to the rank of the recruiter.
- Adjusted the level required to unlock the feature to 5.
Ⅰ. New Video Volume Adjustment Feature
Via Settings – Audio – Volume – Video, you could adjust the volume of the opening video and videos that display hero outfits and weapon skins.
- Optimized the loading logic of characters to reduce instant stuttering caused by character loading.
- Fixed part of memory leak to reduce memory usage due to a long gaming time.
- Optimized the operation experience of Shop Overview
- Now when you go to the Preview page and tap the “Back” button, you will go back to the former page.
- Added the reminder of price changes of the packs when you own a single item in the pack to Shop Overview.
- When some of the time-limited modes are open, there will be a red dot as a reminder on the mode-selection page.
I. Spectral Silk Store Update
Added the new items: Legendary Outfit 30% discount voucher, Legendary Weapon 30% discount voucher, Legendary Accessory 30% discount voucher. Each sell for 1,000 Spectral Silk and each can be purchased only once for a limited time. A large number of legendary outfits, weapons and accessories can be purchased with a 30% account (for more details, please refer to the item info).
II. Added New Discounts
- Added the new Justina Gu’s Legendary Accessory [White Cat Tail]. Standard price: 900 Gold; Now: 750 Gold.
- Added the new Justina Gu’s Legendary Accessory [White Cat Ears]. Standard price: 1,200 Gold; Now: 1,000 Gold.
- Added the new Nunchucks Legendary skin [The Breaker·Golden Sun]. Standard price: 1,500 Gold; Now: 1,250 Gold.
- Added the new Longsword Legendary skin [The Breaker·Cloud Ride]. Standard price: 1,500 Gold; Now: 1,250 Gold.
- Added the new Katana Legendary skin [The Breaker·Burning Sun]. Standard price: 1,500 Gold; Now: 1,250 Gold.
III. Discounts End
- Wuchen’s Legendary outfit [Alioth] has returned to its standard price of 1,800 Gold.
- Matari’s Legendary accessory [Pearldust Gauze] has returned to its standard price of 1,200 Gold.
- Dagger Legendary skin [The Breaker·Myriad Edge] has returned to its standard price of 1,500 Gold.
- Dagger Legendary skin [The Breaker·Cavern] has returned to its standard price of 1,500 Gold.
- Justina Gu’s Legendary outfit [Aegis Embroidery] has returned to its standard price of 1,800 Gold.
- Viper Ning’s Legendary outfit [Maple Snowfall] has returned to its standard price of 1,800 Gold.
I. Hero-related Bugs
- Fixed an issue where Tarka Ji would dodge when getting up from the ground after casting his ultimate.
II. Weapon-related Bugs
- Fixed an issue where Katana and Nunchucks couldn’t block bullets after casting Grappling Strike.
- Fixed an issue where the action and the time couldn’t match while repairing Dual Blades.
III. Combat-related Bugs
- Fixed an issue where Quick Counter didn’t work while slaying Moonbane.