Upcoming dark fantasy strategy game Gord will arrive on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series consoles alongside its debut on PC this summer, Team17 Digital announced on Thursday. The news was accompanied by a new gameplay trailer titled “They Call It The Gord,” which you can watch in the video below.
Gord Gameplay Trailer
Gord is a single-player strategy adventure being developed by Covenant.dev, an independent development house based in Poland that includes former The Witcher 3 and Frostpunk developers. The game is a colony simulator that combines city-builder and survival elements in a dark, Slavic-inspired fantasy setting containing mythical creatures and mysterious powers.
Here are some of the key features of Gord, according to the latest press announcement:
- Mature Dark Fantasy Adventure: Lead the people of the Tribe of the Dawn and venture deep into forbidden lands in a lore-rich, dark fantasy strategy campaign
- Build to Survive, Conquer to Prevail: Grow your gord from humble settlement to formidable fortress while protecting your citizens from invading tribes, gruesome monsters, and mysterious powers that lurk within the surrounding woods
- Unique Sanity System: Keep a close eye on your townsfolk as everything from illness to hunger and the death of kin can have devastating impact on their lives and well-being
- Hand-Crafted Quests: Take on a wide variety of quests and random encounters that will lead you deep into the wilderness to hunt legendary creatures, uncover ancient secrets, and vanquish deadly scourges
- Powerful Incantations: Unlock a variety of offensive and defensive spells to tip combat in your favour, each with custom animations and potentially gruesome results
- Custom Scenarios mode with Procedurally Generated Levels: Take on an endless variety of challenges by creating your own scenarios. Customize your playthrough by picking a main objective, choosing your starting party, level size, number of resources, enemy types, raid intensities, and even the severity of the weather!
Players looking forward to Gord are encouraged to wishlist the game on Steam and follow the Gord social media accounts for updates.