Ubisoft has supported Ghost Recon: Wildlands for nearly two years. February 27 marks the last update of Year 2 with the just announced Special Operation 4 scheduled to be released.
Special Operation 4
The final free content update for Year 2 will bring a little something for everyone. Ubisoft is adding a new PvE mode, alongside a new PvP class and several new maps for those that prefer head-to-head competition.
While details for the new PvE mode are still forthcoming, it is said to test your endurance and will reward you with a unique outfit upon completion.
The PvP mode Ghost War will receive an additional soldier class and two new maps.
Additionally, the following new features have been announced:
- Year 2 Pass holders will get a free pack containing customization items and a weapon, as well as early, direct access to the new Ghost War class starting on February 27 for one week.
- Players will be able to change their Time of Day via a new setting option in solo campaign mode and solo Ghost Mode.
- All voice lines and a selection of emotes are being moved from Battle Crates to Prestige Crates.
- Drop rates of Prestige Crates will be modified to be more generous for higher rarity items.
- You will be able to create and browse custom matches based on your selected criteria.
- Daily Challenges will replace Challenge Seasons. Three Solo, one Task Force, and one Community Challenge will grant increased Prestige Credit rewards. Completing a certain number a Daily Challenges per week will give you additional bonuses. These includePrestige Crates and a Battle Crate.
- PvP Events: Two new Events added to the pool.
More details about Special Operation 4 are expected soon. The final free update in Year 2 of Ghost Recon: Wildlands will be released on February 27 for all platforms.