Bungie has been busy at work getting ready for Season of the Drifter, which is arriving in the next few weeks. These Destiny 2 Gambit changes are on the way and we’ve got them listed below.
Alright, Alright, Alright
These are the Season of the Drifter changes in Gambit for.
- Changed the third round of Gambit to a Primeval rush sudden death.
- Overhauled how invader spawn location is chosen and increased the number of invader spawn points for each map. This should greatly reduce the chances of spawning near or in direct line of sight of an enemy.
- Implemented Idle Protection which means that players that remain dormant for too long will not receive end-of-match rewards or Infamy points.
- The Triumph “Light vs. Light” can now be progressed by killing any Guardian using a Super, not just invaders.
- Adjustments to Blocker types by deposit tier:
- Small Blocker: Taken Goblin with less health than the previous Phalanx.
- Medium Blocker: Taken Captain with more health than the previous Knight.
- Large Blocker: Taken Knight with more health than the previous Ogre.
I’m glad the third round of Gambit is being changed to just a sudden death Primeval. This is a change that I and members of my fireteam have had on several occasions. Matches will definitely be more bearable if they go to a third round.
Armor and Weapons
Here is the Season of the Drifter changes to armor and weapons.
Linear Fusion Rifles
- Linear Fusion Rifle aim-assist values will receive an adjustment to reduce effectiveness at very long ranges.
- Linear Fusion Rifles will receive a 10% damage increase in PvE to compensate for the above changes.
- Shotguns will receive a damage multiplier in PvE activities, effectively doubling their damage.
- Full Auto rate-of-fire bonus for shotguns is now +10%, down from +100%.
- Reduced base damage for shotguns across the board to align with their new rates of fire on a per sub-archetype basis.
- Ammo reserves for shotguns were re-evaluated due to the increased efficiency of having more damage per shot.
- The duration of the Mark of Vengeance has been reduced from 15 seconds to 8 seconds
- The way players refill health after a successful kill has changed. Now, the health refills over time alongside the overshield.
- Vengeance will no longer trigger for players in their super.
These are some good changes overall. Linear Fusion Rifles like the Queensbreaker were used often in Gambit and were feared by invaders. Not a lot of changes to armor this time around, except a few tweaks to the exotic titan helmet One-Eyed Mask.
The Season of the Drifter Gambit changes for Destiny 2 is going to be a welcome change and bring some much-needed quality of life to the world of Destiny. Season of the Drifter is available March 5th for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.