Season of Opulence is quickly approaching and Bungie has revealed even more details of what’s in store for Destiny 2 in This Week at Bungie for May 30, 2019. The Season of Opulence brings a lot to the table.
Chalice of Opulence
The Chalice of Opulence will be claimed at the start of the season through an introductory quest line and can be shared between different Guardians on the same account. Here is how the Chalice will work.
- Earn runes to slot on your Chalice through the following:
- Completing weekly bounties.
- Opening up the weekly chests on the new Nessus Barge.
- Using a consumable that will reward you a rune after a strike, Crucible, or Gambit completion.
- The same consumable will also give other players in your fireteam a chance to earn additional runes.
- Slot the runes into your Chalice before you enter the Menagerie.
- Play the Menagerie to earn your rewards.
- Completing the Menagerie will award you the gear you chose with your rune selections.
- Each rune affects what you receive and some of its properties, depending on how you slot them.
The Chalice will also be upgradable through completing new triumphs and bounties that will reward a new currency called Imperials. Players will use the Imperials to upgrade their Chalice to acquire a variety of perks with a wide range of effects like getting more powerful rewards per week to allowing the player to choose the specific gun and Masterwork stat.
Imperials can be earned by completing weekly bounties, certain triumphs, using special consumables that allow for Imperial acquisition, and Chalice upgrades that allow you to earn Imperials through playlist activities.
Bungie gives a great example of what you can do with runes:.
So, for example, if you wanted to earn a random roll of a “Beloved” Sniper Rifle with Handling as the Masterwork trait, you would use a Rune of Jubilation, any red rune, and any purple rune. This rune configuration is your freebie. We’re excited for the community to come together and uncover combinations for each Menagerie reward.
The Menagerie and Chalice of Opulence will be a great addition to Destiny 2 and will give players a chance to pick and choose what they want to earn. It will also be interesting to see what kind of Masterwork combinations are available.
Weapons and Fixes
The Season of Opulence brings new pinnacle weapons that will be available for Guardians to earn. The three new pinnacle weapons are an arc Grenade Launcher called Wendigo-GL3, kinetic Sniper Rifle called Revoker, and a solar Combat Bow called Hush.
With three new weapons coming in, other types of weapons are getting adjusted. Here is what’s getting tweaked.
- Non-Exotic Fusion Rifles
- Damage increased against PvE combatants.
- High-Impact increased by 30%
- Precision increased by 44%
- Adaptive increased by 44%
- Rapid-Fire increased by 47%
Sturm and Drang
- Storm and Stress max overcharge rounds increased to 99.
- “Sturm Overcharge” buff text now displays the number of overcharge rounds.
- Overcharge damage increased by 100% in PvE.
- Ammo capacity increased to a max of 70.
- Starting ammo increased by 10.
- Black Talon
- Ground and aerial projectile ammo cost increased from 3 to 4.
- Adaptive Frame
- Ground uppercut ammo cost increased from 3 to 4.
- Aggressive Frame
- Now lunge at target with their aerial light attack.
- Light attack consolidated into a single damage event.
- Slam attack consolidated into a single damage event.
- Slam attack ammo cost increased from 3 to 4.
- Lightweight Frame
- Damage tuning.
- Ground light attack increased by 17%
- Aerial light attack decreased by 21%
- Ground dash attack increased by 87%
- Aerial dash attack increased by 78%
- No ammo aerial light attack decreased by 49%
- All other no ammo attacks decreased by 15%
- Ground dash attack ammo cost increased from 2 to 3.
The Season of Opulence brings more ways to earn rewards and offers players more choice for what rewards they receive. It will be interesting to see how well the Chalice of Opulence works and what Masterwork combinations players come up with.
Destiny 2 Season of Opulence releases on June 4, 2019, for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. For more Destiny 2, take a look at our Destiny 2 hub.