Calus is bringing a new challenge to the Menagerie for guardians to tackle in Destiny 2. Get ready for an even greater challenge in the Menagerie.
Menagerie Heroic Mode
Bungie is dialing up the difficulty by turning on heroic mode for the Menagerie on June 25. A lot of changes are going into Menagerie heroic mode, so let’s take a look at them.
- Increased Power Difficulty: Starts at 750, increases to 770.
- Matchmaking is disabled; you must form a fireteam to enter.
- Weekly curated gameplay modifiers, rotating per boss.
- Unlike normal mode, Guardians can hit a failure state.
- Extinguish is active; if your team wipes, Calus will send you to orbit.
- Encounters never repeat; if you fail to reach 100% progress toward the boss after completing each encounter once, you will be returned to orbit.
- Heroic-mode-specific Triumphs, rewards, and challenges await you.
Menagerie heroic mode is almost like a miniature raid. It’s very comparable to The Shattered Throne, but more difficult. Besides the power level increase, several other features really stand out in heroic mode.
Matchmaking is disabled for this mode, so you must rely on your clan or your friends to fill the six-player fireteam. Failing is no longer an option, as you will be sent back to orbit. This means you will need to have your gear and classes prepared if you want to beat the challenge.
Remember that the Menagerie doesn’t have checkpoints, so communication is a must if you plan to take on the challenge Calus has laid before you. Luckily, curated gameplay, modifiers, and bosses will rotate, and may even stay on the same schedule as the normal Menagerie.
The mechanics for Menagerie heroic mode should still be the same, but we will find out when it releases on June 25. This challenge will surely bring the best that Destiny 2 has to offer players and the rewards should be decent as well. You’ll want to make sure you have enough room in your inventory for all the loot you’ll be getting.
Don’t forget to check out our Menagerie Encounters Guide to better prepare yourself for heroic mode. Destiny 2 is available on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.