Lord Saladin is back in Destiny 2 to test your might. The first Iron Banner in Season of Opulence is changing how you earn gear.
First Iron Banner in Season of Opulence
Iron Banner is going through a small change in how players earn gear and it’s a change I’m excited for. Lord Saladin will now offer quests tied to each armor piece, allowing players to complete their Iron Banner armor sets without worry about RNGesus. Here are the changes happening in Iron Banner:
- This Season’s Iron Banner armor is now acquired through a quest.
- Each armor piece will be granted upon completing its associated quest step.
- Each armor piece will be granted as a powerful reward.
- After unlocking an armor piece, it may be reacquired with random rolls through Iron Banner Reputation Packages and match rewards.
- If you are a veteran player who earned Iron Banner ornaments in the past, this Season’s armor is compatible with all Year 1 Iron Banner ornaments.
- Iron Banner packages have been updated.
- Iron Banner Armor may now roll with enhanced perks.
- New weapons have also been added to Iron Banner packages and have a higher chance to drop on the first package you redeem.
- New Iron Banner shaders, an emblem, and a Sparrow may be earned through objectives that must be completed during Season of Opulence.
- Iron Banner bounties will continue to grant rewards and Iron Banner Tokens.
- Iron Banner bounties no longer unlock direct purchase for Iron Banner gear, as it is now acquired directly through the Iron Banner quest.
I’m actually pretty excited for Iron Banner in Season of the Opulence because now you get to earn each piece of armor through a quest instead of relying on RNGesus. It’s also nice that Year 1 Iron Banner ornaments will work with the new armor as well, since I’d assume nobody is wearing their old IB gear.
The first Iron Banner in Season of Opulence begins on June 18 and ends June 25. Players will also enjoy increased Valor as well.
Make sure to check out the Destiny 2 guide hub for all things Destiny 2.