Before the big celebration of Solstice of Heroes can begin, Bungie will be updating Destiny 2 and fixing a few lingering issues. While some fixes aren’t a big surprise, the Destiny 2 update 2.5.2 will bring some relief to the world of Crucible.
Destiny 2 Update 2.5.2
The upcoming Destiny 2 update 2.5.2 patch notes have been released by Bungie and the most notable fix is the nerf to Lord of Wolves. If you’ve been playing any Crucible mode, you know how painful it has been. Lord of Wolves has been dominating Crucible for the past month all thanks to how effective it is from a distance. Thankfully, on July 30, 2019, we will be getting a reprieve from this exotic shotgun. The full 2.5.2 patch notes are listed below.
- Lord of Wolves
- Reducing the amount of ammo Shotgun scavenger perks can give to Lord of Wolves when Release the Wolves is active.
- Decreasing the effective range on Lord of Wolves.
- This decrease is more aggressive when in Release the Wolves state.
- Tribute Hall
- Triumph for The Emperor’s Gladiator will no longer require a full set of Leviathan gear equipped to progress.
- Triumph for Scoundrel in Uniform will no longer require a full set of Leviathan gear equipped to progress.
- Players will earn more points based on the number of gear pieces worn, similar to other Triumphs.
- Iron Banner
- Iron Banner quest objective values will be adjusted for future events.
- Reduced grenade kills required by 50 percent and ally grenade kills will be worth as much as your own.
- Reduced sword kills required by 25 percent and ally sword kills will be worth as much as your own.
- Heroic Menagerie will drop a Sword for first-time completions.
- Completions will have a moderate chance to drop a sword after your first completion.
- An issue where completion notifications did not appear after completing bounties will be fixed.
- This will also fix an issue where players would sometimes not spawn during a Crucible match.
Besides the nerf to Lord of Wolves, a few Iron Banner quests will be a little easier to complete, along with two Tribute Hall Triumphs. After update 2.5.2 is finished downloading, Guardians can expect a little present for their troubles.
As promised, a new emblem will be waiting for Guardians who have played Iron Banner during these trying times called the Wolves Unleashed. To qualify, you must have played Iron Banner from June 18 to June 25, 2019, or July 23 to July 30, 2019.
Also, for those players who dealt with Prometheus Lens’ reign in the Crucible, the Prismatic Inferno emblem will be rewarded. To qualify, you must have played Crucible from December 8 to December 12, 2017. Both emblems will be waiting for you at the postmaster if you qualify as a Lost History package.
Destiny 2 update 2.5.2 will release on July 30, 2019, in preparation for 2019 Solstice of Heroes. Make sure to check out our Destiny 2 game page for all things Destiny 2, including guides and news on the 2019 Solstice of Heroes event.