Bungie has released a roadmap leading to its next big expansion in Fall 2019. This roadmap is going to have a lot of events for Guardians to take part in to get ready for their next adventure. Destiny 2 update 18.104.22.168 has a few changes that will make some pinnacle weapons a little easier to get.
Destiny 2 Update 22.214.171.124
With the news of Destiny 2: Shadowkeep and New Light release date being delayed, players were eager to hear how the next two months were going to go. Bungie released a roadmap to help Guardians stay busy until they return to the Moon. Below you’ll find out what to expect in the Destiny 2 update 126.96.36.199.
- Moments of Triumph is extended through 9/17.
- Gambit Prime and Reckoning weapon reward rates will be highly increased.
- They will also have bad-luck protection to guarantee a drop after a set amount of runs.
- The Reckoning difficulty will be tuned down.
- BrayTech Schematics will no longer have a daily lockout and will give better chances toward weapons that aren’t owned.
- Mountaintop and Wendigo GL3 pinnacle quests will become more accessible.
- Specific quest objectives will be tuned based on player feedback
- Multiple weeks of increased Valor and Infamy in September.
- Iron Banner will have increased Valor in each event.
- Menagerie chests will become more rewarding the closer to Shadowkeep.
- A Community Challenge will be held the week of Destiny 2 Update 188.8.131.52.
Pinnacle Weapons Get Easier
With Moments of Triumph being extended, this gives players more time to try and get a pinnacle weapon. The Mountaintop Crucible pinnacle weapon and Wendigo GL3 Vanguard pinnacle weapon will be a little easier to get after the update.
As of now, the Mountaintop is a difficult pinnacle weapon to get. Players will need to get kills, multi-kills, earn medals and reach Glory rank Brave and Fabled in Competitive Crucible. Glory only increases when players win, making each match important. Players must use a grenade launcher to make progress.
The Wendigo GL3 requires players to earn kills, multi-kills, and earn points by defeating enemies in the Vanguard Strike list while using a grenade launcher. Luckily we have a guide on how to earn the Wendigo GL3.
From August 27 to October 1, players will be able to earn more Infamy and Valor thanks to a bonus XP week. The five day boost will help players reach milestones like resetting Infamy and Valor.
Destiny 2 update 184.108.40.206 will release on September 3, 2019. Once those changes are made, we will update accordingly. If you’re a little eager to slowly make progress on the Mountaintop or Wendigo GL3, nothing is stopping you. Destiny 2 is available for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.