This weekend, Destiny 2 players will have the opportunity to try their hand at the iconic Vault of Glass raid, the first raid from the original Destiny. New challenges await fireteams looking to earn the World First raid title and belt.
The Vault of Glass raid kicks off on May 22, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. PDT and is free for all Destiny 2 players. The raid will debut with both a World First race and Contest Mode at launch. Players will need to complete the raid with Contest Mode active to access the new Challenge Mode and Temple’s Edge Triumph. The first team to finish each mode and cross the finish line will take home the title of World First.
Below is a list of Vault of Glass raid restrictions, according to Bungie:
- Vault of Glass will launch with Contest Mode enabled for 24 hours.
- Players will need to be at 1300 Power to be at the cap for all of the encounters.
- Clearing Vault of Glass with Contest Mode active is the first step to access the new Challenge Mode in the Director and the Tempo’s Edge Triumph.
- Completing Tempo’s Edge, a curated list of Triumphs, in this newly unlocked Challenge Mode, will be how a fireteam crosses the World First finish line and claims their prize.
- To enforce the Triumph requirements in the Challenge Mode, your team will wipe if you fail the success conditions during each encounter.
Players who finish the raid in a timely fashion will be rewarded with exclusive items from the Bungie Store. Those looking to watch teams compete in the World First race live can do so an hour before the start of the raid over on the ProfessorBroman Twitch channel.
The Vault of Glass raid comes to Destiny 2 as part of the Season of the Splicer, which is currently underway until August 24. Check out our list of Season Pass rewards to see what goodies you can unlock throughout the season.