Ubisoft has announced its own subscription service to launch this September. Uplay+ will include Ubisoft's PC games lineup and come to Google Stadia in 2020.
As part of Ubisoft’s E3 2019 press conference today, Ubisoft has announced its own subscription service coming to Uplay for PC gamers later this year.
Ubisoft Uplay+ (or Uplay Plus), will launch this September 3rd and initially be available for PC gamers. It is meant to bring unlimited access to hundreds of games from the Ubisoft library to gamers for a single monthly subscription priced at USD 14.99 / CAD 19.99.
With Uplay+, subscribers will have access to download Ubisoft’s growing catalog of 100+ games, including:
- Upcoming Releases: Watch Dogs: Legion, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint, Rainbow Six Quarantine, Gods & Monsters and more.
- Latest Released Games: Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Siege, Far Cry 5, Anno 1800 and more.
- Classic Ubisoft Titles: Titles from the Far Cry and Rayman franchises, Prince of Persia, Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell, Beyond Good & Evil and more.
- Beloved PC Franchises: Heroes of Might and Magic, Silent Hunter, The Settlers, Anno and more.
“The video game industry is constantly shifting, and our players’ needs are evolving. At Ubisoft, we are committed to offering our players the best experience and the opportunity to discover the different worlds we’ve created for them. With Uplay+, we are able to provide more freedom for players by making it even easier to access our extensive catalog,” said Brenda Panagrossi, vice president of Platform and Product Management.
Anyone who signs up today will receive free access to Uplay+ in September. Those who do will receive an email stating that they will receive further information in September. It appears as though the free trial will run from September 3 – 30. As an additional reward, you will receive two exclusive in-game items:
- The Ghost Recon Breakpoint Atmosphere emblem
- Watch Dogs: Legion Exclusive Ubisoft hat
Both of those items will be available to use in-game when you pay the full version of the game for the first time.
Ever since the Google Stadia details were revealed last week, we knew that Stadia would be able to serve as a platform for subscription services. Stadia Pro is not the only subscription service available, as Ubisoft revealed that Uplay+ will come to Google Stadia in 2020. Whether you’re excited by the prospect of multiple subscriptions, it seems to be more and more the reality of today’s gaming environment.
Head to uplay.com for more details and to get started.