Animal Crossing: New Horizons has received its second patch update since shifting to version 2.0 earlier this month. Patch update 2.0.2 released on Thursday, fixing various bugs and issues in both the main game and the recently released Happy Home Paradise DLC. Read on to find out what was fixed in the version 2.0.2 patch update.
Patch update 2.0.2 released for Animal Crossing: New Horizons on November 18, just one week after update version 2.0.1. Players will be prompted to download and install the update before starting the game. The second patch update focuses on squashing various island bugs, including issues related to Kapp’n’s tours as well as group stretching sessions. The patch also addresses several issues specifically pertaining to the Happy Home Paradise expansion.
Update Version 2.0.2 Patch Notes
You can read the patch notes for Animal Crossing: New Horizons version 2.0.2 below as well as on the Nintendo Support website, where the full changelog is available.
The following issues have been fixed.
- During one of Kapp’n’s boat tours, Brewster could overlap with the player and prevent the player from moving.
- Kapp’n’s song could stop playing and prevent the game from proceeding.
- Selecting the “How does this work?” option when starting a group-stretching session during a multiplayer session could prevent the game from proceeding.
- The poster for Orville would be available via Nook Shopping after inviting Wilbur to Photopia.
- The poster for Wilbur would be available via Nook Shopping after inviting Orville to Photopia.
- Placing certain furniture items on the pier could prevent the player from being able to speak with Kapp’n.
- The warp function of the pipe item would stop working after the player discussed buying furniture from a resident inside the resident’s home.
- The music for group stretching sometimes wouldn’t play if an audio device close to the plaza was playing music.
- The Nook Miles+ activity “Visit the Roost for a Coffee Break” could appear multiple times in the same day.
Fixed Issues related to DLC
The following issues related to the paid DLC Animal Crossing: New Horizons – Happy Home Paradise have been fixed.
- The software would close when the player tried to lead Leif to the school and the placement of the furniture items in the school met certain requirements.
- Using amiibo multiple times to change the members used in a facility could cause the software to close.
- The software could close when the player repeatedly used amiibo at a finished vacation home to add or remove guests.
- The Y Button could stop removing guests when the player repeatedly used amiibo to add a guest and then remove the guest using the Y Button.
- While working, a design portfolio photo could continue to display in the upper-left of the screen after speaking to a client on the north beach.
- Bells would be spent in addition to Poki when the player ordered a present for another resident through Wardell.
- The message card regarding refunding miles for the Pro Decorating License could be sent multiple times.
- The roommates would not appear in a follow-up scene if their shared vacation home situation was ended while in the yard of their vacation home.
While the recent updates are welcome, there’s no telling how many more patches players should expect, if any. Nintendo has already made it clear that the version 2.0 update was the last major free content update for New Horizons. With so much new, recently added content, hopefully the game’s developers will feel compelled to continue patching the game with quality of life changes and bug fixes for at least a little while longer.
Be sure to check out our Animal Crossing: New Horizons guides for tips on how to grow wheat, how to cook food, and how to upgrade Harv’s Island following the free update.