From strange hats to wacky outfits, there’s plenty of cool items to unlock in Plants vs. Zombies Battle for Neighborville. While most cosmetic items are unlocked through coins, some customizations are rewarded for completing certain activities, such as solving puzzles or finding hidden collectibles. This guide pertains to the latter, as it will explain where to collect all golden fish hidden throughout Giddy Park in Plants vs. Zombies Battle for Neighborville.
There are golden fish collectibles scattered all throughout Giddy Park. To kick off this mission, players must first talk to the small stuffed peashooter fishing on the ledge just beyond the multiplayer portal on the plant side. Interacting with the Best Fishing Friend peashooter will initiate the mission to collect the golden fish. Completing this mission will reward you with the Gnomish Taco Bait hat for the Peashooter character.
All 20 Golden Fish in Battle for Neighborville
There are 20 golden fish to find and collect throughout the social hub region in Battle for Neighborville. Golden fish are found on both the plant and zombie sides of the area, as well as within the Giddy Park PvP section. The following lists describe where to collect each golden fish, but if you’re looking for a visual guide, then check out the video below.
- In the passenger side door of the Gross Guys semi-truck, just before the Giddy Park entrance.
- Find a golden fish behind the multiplayer portal inside the pipe.
- In the trash bin beside the bench a short distance from the multiplayer portal.
- Sitting in a pile of gold coins on the right side of the Rux’s Emporium booth.
- On the speakers on the right side of the Dance Hall of Obedience.
- On the windowsill above the steps to the right of the multiplayer portal.
- In a bucket behind the ladder on the left side of Rux’s Emporium.
- Find a golden fish on the couch to the right of Rux’s Emporium.
- On the top of the gold-framed picture of Crazy Dave (or his relative?) on the side wall.
- Inside the bottom drawer of the dresser to the left of the change booth near the level up area.
- Inside the horn of the gramophone behind the oversized piano.
- Behind the base of the middle dummy in the target range.
- On top of Crazy Dave’s statue on the back side of the World Options globe.
Giddy Park PvP Area
- At the base of the telephone booth along the righthand wall when coming from the plant spawn.
- Inside the Phuture Zone arcade, on top of the third arcade cabinet on the left.
- Inside a birdhouse hanging on the upper corner of one of the souvenir stands.
- On the center of the double-doored gate a few steps from the zombie spawn.
- On the rock ledge above the start of The Folley Trolley water ride.
- Ride the sky ride to the top of the carousel to reach the golden fish on the center column.
- Within the lily pads in the pond on the outer edge of the carousel.
After you have collected all 20 golden fish in Battle for Neighborville, return to speak with the Best Fishing Friend peashooter to finish the mission and collect your new Gnomish Taco Bait hat. It’s a spectrum hat, meaning it comes in a variety of different colors. There are plenty of secrets and hidden collectibles to unlock in the game, so be sure to check out our other Plants vs. Zombies Battle for Neighborville guides to learn more.