The first free challenge in Fortnite Season 8 requires players to visit various pirate camps scattered throughout the map, not unlike the expedition outpost challenge from last season. There are seven pirate camps total, and players must visit each one to mark this challenge off the list. Luckily, these pirate camps aren’t too hard to spot once you know where to go. We’ve got the details below.
All Pirate Camps in Fortnite
The pirate camps in Fortnite are large fortresses that can be found throughout the map. Each pirate camp is quite tall and has a black pirate flag posted at the top, which makes these structures relatively easy to see from the sky. Pirate camps also contain several canons inside and are usually built out of wood or stone.
There are seven pirate camps total in Fortnite. We’ve listed where to find every pirate camp and have circled each one on the map below.
- Look for a pirate camp to the northwest of Lazy Lagoon.
- Another pirate camp is surrounded by lava southwest of the volcano.
- A pirate camp is found where the abandoned house once stood southwest of Pleasant Park.
- There is a pirate camp directly west of Dusty Divot.
- You’ll find a pirate camp north of Polar Peak near the frozen lake.
- Look for a pirate camp on top of the mountain northeast of Fatal Fields.
- The last pirate camp is in the desert at the bridge northwest of Paradise Palms.
Those are all the pirate camp locations you’ll need to know to complete this task in Fortnite. Since the pirate camps are spaced equally far from one another, it may take more than one match to finish the challenge. While you’re at it, make sure to visit the giant faces in Fortnite to knock out another Season 8 challenge.