Fortnite Chapter 2 is finally here, which means you no longer have to stare at a black hole when loading up the game. However, upon firing up Fortnite Chapter 2 for the first time, you may have trouble adjusting the game to fit your screen. This issue has particularly impacted console players on PS4 and Xbox One. In this guide, we’ll briefly explain how to change the screen size of Fortnite so that the game fits your TV screen or monitor.
How to Change the Screen Size of Fortnite
Typically, changing the screen size and resolution is as easy as tweaking a few menu settings. However, getting Fortnite to fit your screen at the start of Chapter 2 may require a few extra steps, depending on the platform you’re using. Below, you’ll find instructions for how to change the screen size in Fortnite on PS4, Xbox One, and PC.
On consoles, players are finding their screens zoomed in when starting Fortnite. To adjust the screen size of Fortnite on PS4, follow these steps:
- Load up Fortnite on PS4 and open Settings from the in-game menu.
- Move over to the Game tab.
- Find the Uncap Framerate option and set it to “On”.
- Find the Invert View setting and set that to “On” as well.
Press Triangle to apply the changes. With these settings enabled, this should solve the zoom-in issue with Fortnite on PS4 and allow the game to adjust accordingly. Once the screen size has been corrected, you can change these settings as you wish.
Changing the screen size of Fortnite on Xbox One is a bit different from PS4, as it involves going into the console’s settings to calibrate your display instead of adjusting the in-game settings. Here’s what to do:
- Navigate to your system settings by pressing the Home button on the Xbox One controller.
- Go to System and select Settings.
- Find and select the Display and Sound section.
- Go to Video Output and select Calibrate HDTV.
- Press Next and continue through the steps to calibrate the display to your screen.
Calibrating your display on Xbox One should resolve the screen size issue in Fortnite for now, pending a proper patch from Epic, which may not come any time soon.
PC players should have less trouble adjusting Fortnite to fit their monitor, as the process involves simply changing the game to fullscreen mode. Nevertheless, we’ve included instructions for how to do this for those that aren’t familiar with the steps.
- Load up Fortnite and open Settings from the main menu.
- Select the Video tab and find the Window Mode option.
- Arrow over to select the Fullscreen option, then save your changes.
That should do it. Once you have followed the instructions for changing the screen size of Fortnite on your preferred platform, the game should fit your screen properly. Until Epic acknowledges and patches the screen size issue, these steps should allow you to fix Fortnite’s screen size in the meantime. Check out our other Fortnite guides for more Chapter 2 content.