Elden Ring is full of special items that are great to pick up on your journey. One particular item called the Larval Tear is one you will want to pick up. This guide will tell you how to get Larval Tear in Elden Ring.
How to Get Larval Tear
Deciding what stat to level up is important in the world of Elden Ring and can determine what kind of character you want to play as. It is a decision that can make or break the way you play. Luckily players can respec their stats by obtaining a certain item and reaching a certain spot in the game.
After defeating Rennala, Queen of the Full Moon, she will offer you the chance to change your character’s look and more importantly to be reborn. To partake in the Rebirth, you will need one key item, the Larval Tear.
The Larval Tear is the core of a creature of mimicry known as a Silver Tear. It is as much a substance as it is a living organism, meaning the Larval Tear will be disguised as something else. It could be an enemy disguised as another enemy, or it could be disguised as another item. Below is a list of locations where you can get the Larval Tear in Elden Ring.
- Dropped by a Lesser Runebear disguised as an Undead Soldier East of Agheel Lake South Site of Grace
Liurnia of the Lakes
- Dropped by a Grafted Scion disguised as a Giant Lobster
- Found in the graveyard town at Village of the Albinaurics
- Found in graveyard east of Caria Manor
- Purchased from Pidia, Carian Servant for 3,000 Runes
- Dropped by a Troll disguised as an Undead Soldier east of Woodfolk Ruins
- Dropped by a Lion Guardian disguised as an Undead Soldier
- Dropped by Colossal Wormface disguised as a charred corpse
- Dropped by a Runebear disguised as a pilgrim in Consecrated Snowfield
- Purchased from Nomadic Merchant in Siofra River for 3,000 Runes
Nokron, Eternal City
- Found on a corpse inside a stone building southeast of Nokron, Eternal City Site of Grace
- Found on a corpse in the middle of a gazebo in Nokron, Eternal City.
- Dropped by a Silver Tear disguised as a large inanimate ball in Night’s Sacred Ground
- Dropped by Mimic Tear when defeated
Nokstella, Eternal City
- Dropped by a Silver Tear disguised as a large ball on the bridge
- Dropped by a Silver Tear disguised as a large ball in the northeast building after the bridge
- Dropped by a Silver Tear disguised as a large ball after the bridge up the stairs upon reaching the top.
After obtaining a Larval Tear, return to Rennala to partake in a Rebirth. This gives you the chance to completely change your stats and try out a different character build. If you want to have a character more centered around magic or strength, this is the time to do that.
Now that you know how to get a Larval Tear, be sure to stay tuned to Guide Stash and check out the Elden Ring archive for even more guides and news.