Golden tools are definitely the way to go in Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
All tools aren’t built the same in Animal Crossing: New Horizons, even though they all share the same purpose. One set of tools is more durable than the others but takes longer to get. This guide will show you how to get Golden Tools in Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
How to Get Golden Tools
Tools in Animal Crossing: New Horizons are an essential item in all aspects of the game. Tools come in various degrees of durability, with Flimsy being the weakest and Golden being the best. After a certain number of uses, your tools will break, and you will need to make more. Golden Tools also break, but you will get your money’s worth out of them.
Each golden tool has a requirement that players much reach before being able to obtain them. Once you have completed the qualification, you will receive a DIY recipe card, so you can learn to craft it. The requirements for each golden tool are listed below.
- Golden Axe – Break 100 axes.
- Golden Slingshot – Shoot down 300 balloons. After hitting this milestone a gold-colored balloon will float by. Shoot it down for the DIY recipe.
- Golden Fishing Rod – Catch every fish in the Critterpedia. The recipe will be sent in the mail and received the day after completing Critterpedia.
- Golden Watering Can – Reach a 5-Star town ranking and talk to Isabelle for the DIY recipe.
- Golden Net – Catch every bug in the Critterpedia. The recipe will be sent in the mail and received the day after completing Critterpedia.
- Golden Shovel – Save Gulliver on the beach 30 times.
Just remember that golden tools will also break after a long period of time, but they are the most durable out of all the variants. As you work towards getting recipes for your golden tools, make sure to save on to your Golden Nuggets as you will need one nugget to make each tool. Stay tuned to Guide Stash for even more Animal Crossing: New Horizon guides.